Our client is a leading Maryland technology innovator in the defense and intelligence industry and is seeking a Cyber data ingest parser/developer with big data and system integration experience. This position is located at its Annapolis Junction, MD offices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Rapidly prototype, develop, test, and deploy software solutions in a team environment.
- Adapt and change approaches to customer needs using agile development techniques.
- Assimilate new technologies quickly and apply them to customer problems.
- Current TS/SCI with poly clearance required.
- B.S. or above in Computer Science, Technical Engineering discipline, or directly related work experience.
- Linux system administration knowledge.
- Development efforts may include short-term self-directed projects including but not limited to prototypes, proofs of concept, or technical implementations.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and a strong collaborative team player.
Systems integration experience with COTS/GOTS/FOSS systems directly related to big data with the ability and desire to gain increased proficiency in new technologies, techniques, methodologies, and capabilities. Additional capabilities include:
- Direct experience with distributed system design and development
- Hands-on expertise in JMS, XML and/or other distributed messaging technologies
- Understanding of cloud technologies
- Basic understanding of commercial or open source Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) such as Snort and networking component outputs.
About the Company:
Our client delivers comprehensive systems, solutions and technical services to the intelligence community and other industries that depend on protecting privacy and keeping data secure. Its pioneering efforts with existing and emerging technologies give it the proven ability to solve its customers’ mission-critical problems both domestically and abroad.
In July of 2011, our client was nominated as one of Baltimore’s Top Workplaces for The Baltimore Sun. As part of the nomination process, its employees were asked to complete a workplace survey conducted by a Third Party Survey Administrator, Workplace Dynamics, LLP. In order to be recognized as a Top Workplace, each organization had to have over 90% employee participation in the survey. More than 23,000 employees from over 1,200 companies completed the survey. Among the more than 1,200 participating companies, our client was selected as one of 75 Top Workplace Winners for 2011. They also received a Special Honors Award recognizing us as the Top Employer for Company Paid Benefits.