Our Client is currently looking for a Director to help grow its advisory practice in the Phoenix area.
If you are an ambitious audit/advisory executive who feels held back from achieving your financial goals, our client can provide you with the entrepreneurial environment, professional satisfaction and work/life balance you desire.
Free from independence conflicts, scope limitations and unnecessary bureaucracy, along with opportunity for aggressive professional and salary growth, it’s little wonder why top professionals from leading accounting and consulting firms have chosen to call this organization home.
Our client is a leading provider of corporate governance, risk management, internal audit and compliance services to leading organizations within the United States and Canada. They offer a full-suite of competitively priced Internal Audit, Advisory and Information Technology services with to a diverse range of clients, including some of the largest and well known firms in North America. Their philosophy is based upon four cornerstones that enable them to deliver consistent value worldwide. These are industry focused professionals, multidisciplinary teams, exceptional methodologies and tools, and unsurpassed quality and value for our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
The ideal candidates should have at least 8 years of experience in providing audit and/or advisory services or have been in senior management roles in industry pertaining to Sunera’s service lines; be an excellent communicator and be well networked in the Phoenix marketplace. The incumbent must be ambitious, outgoing, and possess strong leadership skills. This individual will work alongside the existing Partner in Phoenix to achieve reasonable growth goals in a team-focused and entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal candidate will have the capacity for adapting to dynamic and diverse services desired by clients. The opportunity to participate with a wide spectrum of projects and clients is the essence of their model. You will be challenged to continue to develop professionally in a supportive, entrepreneurial, people-first atmosphere. Duties will include:
· Prospecting and developing relationships and new business opportunities with new clients;
· Marketing and representing the Client’s brand in the Phoenix marketplace;
· Recruiting and leading, managing and mentoring a team of professionals;
· Preparing client proposals;
· Overseeing client engagements, including Internal Audit, Sarbanes-Oxley, Risk Management and Information Technology projects;
· Performing quality assurance on all client deliverables;
· Conducting presentations to various industry groups and professional associations;
· Preparing and communicating comprehensive, high quality and timely deliverables that exceed client expectations, including reports and presentations;
· Resolving professional, technical and client service problems promptly and respectfully;
· Administrative responsibilities associated with the management of an advisory practice;
· Interacting effectively with co-workers and clients at all levels, to foster and maintain strong working relationships;
· Travel, as required, up to 15%
Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate should have:
· Professional designations relevant to the Client’s service lines (i.e. CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, etc);
· Business development experience with a proven track record of success in professional services is preferred;
· Management/leadership experience in either public practice or industry (i.e. Internal Audit)
· Experience leading and mentoring teams (including training, performance evaluations, etc)
· Strong technical background in audit, risk management, accounting, and/or information technology/security;
· Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task;
· Superior technical skills relating to performing and managing various types of audit and compliance projects;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with clients;
· A reputation for attention to detail with a strong focus on providing high quality deliverables that exceed client expectations;
· Superior written and verbal communication skills;
· A strong work ethic, professionalism and commitment to teamwork.
Compensation & Benefits
This client’s total compensation package is attractive and commensurate with experience. The standard package includes, but is not limited to a competitive base salary, attractive performance bonus arrangements, and a full suite of benefits and paid vacation. They are committed to providing balance to their employees, attractive compensation, tremendous career opportunities and an environment that supports collaboration, personal development and having fun.
To explore all of our current opportunities, check out our Career Portal!