Our client is looking for a talented Research Engineer who will generate ideas from experience and academia, will rapidly prototype and prove the ideas in real-life scenarios, and will assist and facilitate completion toward deployment. The Research Engineer will provide discipline-specific or system-specific engineering support on systems, system elements, interfacing systems, components, devices and/or processes. This position is located at our Annapolis Junction, MD offices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead project definition, trade-off and design activities, as well as prepares, reviews, and evaluates system documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Generate ideas from experience and academia.
- Rapidly prototype, develop, test, and deploy software solutions in a team environment.
- Adapt and change approaches to customer needs using agile development techniques.
- Assimilate new technologies quickly and apply them to customer problems.
- Conduct analysis to define, analyze and allocate requirements.
- Support test programs and monitors testing.
- Possess in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge in specific discipline.
- Work independently or on a team to solve engineering problems.
- Possess a current TS/SCI with polygraph.
- 10 years of experience with government or industry engineering projects.
- 5 years of experience with C.
- 5 years of experience with C+.
- 2 years of experience with cloud technologies, algorithms, and architectures.
- M.S. in mathematics, statistics, or computer science preferred.