Our client is looking for an experienced business controls professional who plans, organizes, conducts, supervises and formally reports on scheduled audit engagements that evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, within the COSO framework using a risk-based approach.
Work and/or consult with process owners to identify, and report to audit and/or engagement management, inefficient and ineffective controls and process. Assist Risk Management in the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 certification for key financial reporting controls within significant processes. Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, the results of engagements to all levels of management. Reviews the workpapers of assigned staff for effectiveness and to ensure there is sufficient evidence to support engagement objective, scope and conclusion. Provides a team leadership role and demonstrates abilities in the areas of decision making, project management, negotiation, and customer relations.
1. Assist the manager with the development and planning of audit engagement objectives and scope.
2. Coordinates with company management and accounting professionals, providing support and leadership in audit activities in accordance with the annual audit plan.
3. Reviews operational and financial processes, systems, and controls, including identification of deficiencies, and promoting best practices with audit staff.
4. Develops audit programs that promote effective audit coverage.
5. Conduct pre-audit conferences to ensure audit objectives have been clearly and completely set forth to the process/business owner(s).
6. Perform fieldwork in a competent and professional manner.
7. Supervise auditors assigned and review staff auditors’ work papers.
8. Document risks and controls within the process/system being examined in accordance with the COSO framework.
9. Prepare audit work papers to support audit test work and conclusions.
10. Develop issues that identify the impact and root cause of the issue, which will assist/direct operation management to appropriate resolution.
11. Provide business control consulting services to process/business owners or management, sharing best practices that assist in remediating existing issues or enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation.
12. Demonstrate comprehension and ability to assess validity of existing policies and procedures and recommend sound alternatives.
13. Demonstrate capacity and evidence for effective decision making and drawing sound conclusions.
14. Ensure continuing development of effective professional relationships with auditee personnel.
15. Perform SOX 404 certification testing to validate the existence and effectiveness of the key financial reporting controls, including but not limited to, performing walkthroughs to asses the design of the system of internal controls, executing test plans for significant business processes and functions, developing control deficiency issues that will clearly present the issue, impact and root cause of the issue, and evaluating the financial significance of control deficiencies.
16. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred: Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Years and Type of Experience Preferred: At least 5 years audit experience within recent experience in managed care
Specific Technical Skills Required:
Specific Technical Skills Preferred:
Certifications or Licensure Preferred: CISA, CIA or CPA
Senior Operations Auditor (Healthcare)
Speak Your Mind
You must be logged in to post a comment.